In elementary school I used to bring my lunch every day. My mom would pack me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, applesauce, and cookies in my pink Minnie Mouse lunchbox. I loved it. Nothing beats a delicious PB&J on white bread!
Normally I’m team creamy when it comes to peanut butter, but I used crunchy in this recipe because it adds a little crunch and more texture to the bars. These bars are perfect for a midmorning snack or paired with some yogurt for breakfast. They oats add lots of filling fiber and whole grains and the peanut butter and honey create the perfect chewy bar.
Check out the recipe below and stay tuned the rest of the month for more peanut-inspired recipes!
PB & J Granola Bars
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- 1 ½ cups freeze dried strawberries, crushed
- ¾ cup crunchy peanut butter*
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil to the oat mixture. Mix well with a rubber spatula until the entire mixture is coated.
- Pour mixture into a 8 x 8 inch pan. Press firmly into pan. Cover with cling wrap and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Cut into squares and enjoy. Store in refrigerator.
*Notes: I use natural peanut butters that only have peanuts and salt.
Leave a Reply