Enjoy the sweet taste of summer all year round with these Peach Cobbler Muffins, made with canned peaches!Jump to Recipe
We’re almost halfway through January and if you live in the Northeast, or any other cold and snowy part of the country, you’re probably longing for the warmer temps and sunshine. I have the perfect remedy to bring some feelings of summer to your table!
Think of a hot summer day that ended with a warm, crumbly piece of peach cobbler paired with a creamy, cool scoop of vanilla ice cream. Sounds like perfection! While this recipe isn’t a peach cobbler, fully, it has all those tasty flavors just in muffin form.
I’m a fan of any muffin with a crumb topping. They’re just so much better! Now, we know that peaches aren’t particularly in season this time of year. So I decided to head to my pantry and grab a can of peaches to fold into these hearty muffins. Using canned produce is one of my favorite ways to enjoy the flavors of summer all year long.
If you remember back in August, I toured canning facilities out in Sacramento, which is where most of our canned food is grown and preserved. These canned foods are minimally processed, picked at the peak of ripeness and nutritional value, and packed within 5 hours of being harvested. Canned food is truly fresh as fresh can be!
It only made sense that I include canned peaches into these muffins so we can all enjoy the taste of delicious peach cobbler in the middle of winter! These muffins come together very quickly and freeze really well for an anytime snack or breakfast on the go.
Peach Cobbler Muffins
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 each eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned peaches diced
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- Combine both flours, baking powder and soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients, except for peaches.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into the well. Mix until just combined, do not overmix. Fold in peaches.
- Portion batter into muffin tin. Mix all of the topping ingredients together until crumbly. Sprinkle topping mixture over each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.