As I’ve gotten older, I still really like bars because they’re so easy. Larabars are one of my go-to’s when I need to bring something quick with me to keep me full in between meals. I love that there are a few simple ingredients and that there are so many flavors out there! Plus, I tend to find the best deals on them at Target (which is one of my favorite places on the planet!).
Coconut Chocolate Chip Copycat Larabars
- 1 ⅓ cup pitted dates
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips, roughly chopped
- Place dates in a small bowl. Fill with warm water to cover dates. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add cashews, almonds, & coconut to food processor. Pulse until roughly chopped. Pour chopped nut mixture into a bowl, set aside.
- Drain the dates. Add dates to food processor. Blend until a paste forms.
- Add the nut mixture back into the food processor with the dates. Blend until a dough forms.
- Add dough back into a bowl and fold chocolate chips in using a wooden spoon.
- Press dough into a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Press until desired thickness & cut into squares. Top with additional coconut flakes.
- Bars can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator.