As the years went by, I kind of forgot about pineapple black bean salsa being a thing until a couple days ago. I was thinking about fresh, warm weather recipes that I could come up with for the blog (that weren’t ice cream or something frozen). That’s when salsa popped into my brain and I remembered how delicious pineapple black bean salsa is!
Pineapple Black Bean Salsa
- 1 ½ cups diced pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno,deseeded & minced
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- If using fresh pineapple, dice into small pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips or over meat. Keep refrigerated.
Notes: I used fresh pineapple, but you could use canned pineapple tidbits instead. Be sure to use gloves when mincing the jalapeno!
Makes about 4 cups