I seriously don’t know what’s better than digging in to a homemade strawberry shortcake or strawberry pie or just eating strawberry slices plain on a warm afternoon! Coming from someone who grew up in Upstate New York and now living in North Carolina, the difference between store bought strawberries and ones grown locally is so crazy. They’re so much sweeter, flavorful, and all around fresher when bought from a little farm stand on the side of the road.
Clearly, I’m pumped for these little red berries which will be the star of my Instagram feed for a bit. When I thought about what I could do with the big container of strawberries I bought this weekend, I wanted to do something a little different. I’ve never really made a mousse of any variety before and that sounded so good paired with strawberries, so I went for it.
Strawberry Lemon Mousse
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- 1 (5.3 oz) container Chobani Lemon & Cream Greek yogurt
- 4 oz Neufatchel cheese (or regular cream cheese)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup diced strawberries
- Puree the first 5 ingredients together using a food processor.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream with a mixer or whisk until a stiff whipped cream is formed.*
- Fold the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture.
- To assemble – fill a small glass container halfway with mousse, add a layer of diced strawberries, top with mousse until filled.**
*Chill your bowl and beater or whisk beforehand for best results.
**I used a small 8 oz mason jar.