Picnic Day is Monday, April 23 so this month’s Recipe Redux challenge is recipes you like to bring on a picnic or eat outside. For this, my mind immediately goes to salads – fruit, pasta, potato, macaroni, the list goes on. My favorite summer foods are these types of salads! I just love the fresh flavors and endless combinations you can create.
When I’m looking for an easy side dish, pasta salad is the way to go. It takes minutes to prepare, you can throw whatever you have on hand into it, and it’s always a crowd pleaser. This recipe really couldn’t get any simpler. Just cook up a box of pasta. Grab a bag of frozen peas from the freezer (or really any veggies you have on hand). Pour the Green Goddess dressing on top and garnish it with some feta cheese. Voila! The perfect side dish for dining al fresco!
Do you have a favorite picnic meal or food? Get inspired by these other picnic foods below!
Green Goddess Pasta Salad
- 1 box whole grain pasta (I used elbows)
- 1 small bag frozen peas
- 1 bottle Trader Joe’s Green Goddess Dressing**
- Feta Cheese for sprinkling on top
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine cooled pasta, peas, and dressing in a large bowl. Mix until well coated.
- Top with feta cheese.
- Either serve immediately or let sit in fridge for a couple hours prior to serving.
*Will last a couple days in the fridge
**Found in the refrigerated produce section at Trader Joe’s