- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups 1% milk
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 3 slices of ham, diced (or more!)
- ½ cup muenster cheese, shredded
- ½ cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter & flour in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Heat until bubbly (about 2 minutes).
- Whisk in milk & bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Add in spices.
- Layer half of potatoes in a greased 8 x 8 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle half of the ham & pour half the sauce over it. Top layer with half of the cheese.
- Repeat, with remaining cheese being top layer.
- Cover with foil & bake for 30 minutes. Uncover & bake for additional 60 minutes.
Serves 6 – 8
Leave a Reply