What’s your favorite end of summer food to enjoy?
Peach Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 lb frozen peach slices
- 1 – 2 tablespoons whole milk
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 24 graham crackers, broken in half
- In a blender or food processor, blend frozen peaches, milk, and almond extract until smooth. Start with using 1 tablespoon of milk and add more if needed to blend fully. Pour blended mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Whip the heavy cream until peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the blended peach mixture.
- Line a 13 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper. Place 12 graham cracker halves in the bottom of the pan. Spread peach mixture over top of graham crackers. Top with the remaining graham cracker halves. Cover and place in freezer for 3-4 hours, until the peach mixture is set.
- Remove from freezer. Using a knife, slice the ice cream sandwiches to separate. Serve immediately or place back in freezer to enjoy later.
Notes: Use cold beaters & bowl for whipping the whipped cream. Since the graham crackers won’t fill the entire bottom of the pan, use crumpled up tin foil as a spacer around the edges of the pan to hold the ice cream sandwiches together. This will make it easier to keep the sandwiches uniform sizes and to slice.