- 10-12 medium sized apples
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
- 0 – 1/4 cup sugar (depending on desired taste)
- 3/4 cup water
- Peel & dice apples and place in large crockpot.
- Add cinnamon & sugar, if desired.
- Pour water over apples & stir.
- Turn crockpot on low for about 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so.
- Once mixture become soft enough and mushy, you can either leave for a chunkier applesauce or mix with a hand mixer or whisk to desired smoothness.
Applesauce may be canned using traditional canning methods to keep throughout the winter, or kept in the refrigerator for easy snacking!
Leave a Reply