Since apples are my favorite fall produce and they’re packed with delicious nutrition, check out this article by Helen Nichols of Well-Being secrets. She goes through why an apple a day really can keep the doctor away! Check it out for even more reasons to eat your apples! 🙂
- 10-12 medium sized apples
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- 3/4 cup water
- Peel & dice apples and place in large crockpot.
- Add cinnamon & sugar, if desired.
- Pour water over apples & stir.
- Turn crockpot on high for about 2-4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so.
- Once mixture become soft enough and mushy, you can either leave for a chunkier applesauce or mix with a hand mixer or whisk to desired smoothness.
*Applesauce may be canned using traditional canning methods to keep throughout the winter, or kept in the refrigerator for easy snacking!