I’ve been hearing rave reviews about Trader Joe’s Mixed Nut Butter on my Instagram for a while now & have felt so sad because I don’t have a TJ’s anywhere near me. And if you know me, I have a *slight* obsession with nut butters. Like I have 8 jars in my cupboard right now. I just love to have a variety on hand for whatever craving. Plus, I don’t go a day without consuming some type of nut butter so I always like to have plenty on hand.
- Purchase your nuts from the bulk bin section because it will be cheaper
- Use unsalted versions of nuts & just add a pinch during blending
- Buy dry roasted, unsalted nuts so you can skip the step of roasting at home (roasting brings out the nutty flavor)
Mixed Nut Butter
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans
- 1/3 cup roasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup roasted Brazil nuts
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- Pinch of salt
- Splash of vanilla
- 1 tsp canola oil (optional)
- Place all nuts in high powered blender or food processor.
- Quickly increased to highest speed & blend for 1 minute. Use tamper to press nuts into blades.
- ***Do not blend for more than 1 minute at a time if using Vitamix!***
- Add in salt, vanilla, & oil if necessary to get mixture smooth.
- Blend once more.
- Store in airtight container.
*Notes: If consuming within 1 week, you can keep in your pantry. Keep in refrigerator for longer shelf life. You can even freeze nut butters for later use! Add cinnamon or other spices for fun flavors!