These little guys aren’t just for Cinco de Mayo, though. You could totally have them in the morning, before or after a workout, for a mid-afternoon snack, or for dessert. Like I said before, they have healthy fats & protein from the nuts & are an awesome whole grain snack. Make these next week to get in the mood & celebrate!
Margarita Energy Bites
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 6 pitted dates (soaked for 15 minutes)
- ¼ cup oat flour (can make from oats by pulsing in food processor)
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 1 generous scoop of almond butter
- 1 lime, zested & juiced
- 1 – 2 Tbsp water
- A splash of coconut extract (optional)*
- Margarita salt
- Add all ingredients, except margarita salt, to food processor.
- Pulse until dough-like consistency forms.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Press balls into margarita salt.
- Place on baking tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Makes ~15 balls
*Notes: Add a splash coconut extract for even more tropical flavor.
Can replace water with tequila for a boozy dessert option.