This is why I love making overnight oats. You can make a big batch and eat them throughout the week, or just make one serving for the next morning. This way you have one less thing to think about before getting out the door. Plus, overnight oats are so portable! So if you need to take them with you, you totally can. Another thing that’s great about overnight oats is that you can enjoy them both chilled and warm. I like them both ways, depending on the flavor and time of day.
What if I don’t want chai flavored oats?
- You can definitely leave the chai spice mix out and make it your own
- Try using just cinnamon or nutmeg instead
- You could also add vanilla or almond extract
Are you an overnight oats fan? What’s your go-to flavor combination?
Chai Spiced Overnight Oats
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 ½ cups milk of your choice (I used 2%)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon chai spice mix*
- ½ tsp salt
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or Tupperware container. Stir or shake to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight. In the morning, stir oats, add your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
*Chai Spice Mix: 1 T cinnamon + 2 ½ tsp cardamom + 1 ½ tsp ginger + 1 tsp allspice + 1 tsp cloves + ½ tsp nutmeg
Makes 2 servings