- Chia seeds
- Flax seed
- Whole wheat flour
- Fresh or frozen berries
- Drizzle nut butter on top
These blueberry muffins are perfect for using up some of those late summer berries you picked up from the farm stand or picked yourself.
Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins with Lemon Glaze
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and gradually add the wet ingredients. Stir gently, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into muffin tin. Bake 22-26 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While muffins are cooling, mix together all ingredients for the glaze. Drizzle over top of muffins once completely cooled.
*Notes: You could buy buttermilk at the store or quickly make your own. Pour milk into a liquid measuring cup to just shy of the 1 cup mark. Add a splash of lemon juice or vinegar, do not stir, let stand for about 5 minutes.