- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1/2 bag (8 oz) dried great northern beans
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1-4 oz can green chiles
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 14 oz reduced sodium vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 T pesto
- Rinse beans.
- Place ingredients, chicken through salt & pepper in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, until beans are tender & chicken is cooked through.
- Before serving, cook quinoa according to package directions. Add 1 cup cooked quinoa to chili.
- Stir in 3 T of pesto & serve. Garnish with mozzarella cheese.