- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 bag (8 oz) brown dried lentils
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 T tomato paste
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 14 oz reduced sodium vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Brown ground turkey & chopped onion in a skillet.
- Rinse lentils.
- Place browned turkey & onion, lentils, and remaining ingredients in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, until lentils are tender.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese & fresh cilantro.