One of the top products on my list was the Everything But The Bagel seasoning. So a couple weekends ago, when I went to TJ’s I threw one in the cart. I had only tried it sprinkled on top of a bagel or toast with cream cheese, but when this month’s Recipe Redux challenge was announced, I knew I could manage to work this seasoning into a recipe.
It’s the perfect combo of savory flavors that makes a filling breakfast dish. It breaks up the breakfast routine a bit & can double as a brunch or dinner option, too!
Everything Bagel Bread Pudding
- 2 wheat bagels (3 cups torn)
- ½ lb turkey sausage
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup 1% milk
- ½ tsp Everything But The Bagel seasoning + more for topping
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese + more for topping
- ½ block of Neufchatel cheese
- Tear bagels into bite-sized pieces & put in greased 8 by 8” pan.
- Brown turkey sausage in skillet & place on paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Wilt spinach in skillet.
- Top bagels with sausage, wilted spinach, & ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk, & Everything But The Bagel seasoning, salt, & pepper together. Pour overtop bagel mixture.
- Top with more mozzarella cheese & seasoning. Place 9 pats of Neufchatel cheese evenly overtop.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.