I’m not really sure what we’re going to do for Valentine’s Day this year. We usually keep it pretty low key. Since V-Day is on a Wednesday this year, we’ll probably just go out to a nice dinner on the weekend. I’m a total homebody on weekdays and just love wearing comfy clothes and having quiet nights after work most days.
It wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without chocolate and strawberries. So it was a no brainer when deciding the flavor of this granola. It’s just chocolatey enough without being over the top and the crunchy strawberries add a perfect sweetness and extra crunch to the mix. This granola is definitely going to be a favorite even after V-Day comes and goes!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup pecans, broken into pieces
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup freeze dried strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine oats, pecans, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add in maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Stir to combine until the mixture is evenly coated.
- Spread oat mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway.
- After taking granola out of oven, sprinkle chocolate chips on top. When melted, stir granola. Once completely cooled, add strawberries.
- Store in an airtight container.