While I was waiting, I brainstormed all the delicious things I could make with my fresh berries. My preferred way of enjoying is straight from the container or in a homemade jam, but there are also so many yummy desserts & beverages you could make too! One dessert always comes to mind when June rolls around, and that’s strawberry pie. I’m a pie lover (okay, I’m an any kind of dessert lover), and something about pies just makes me feel emotionally at home. I don’t know if it’s the amount of work that goes into making a pie or that pies are one of my grandma’s specialties or what, but pies are a comfort food to me.
Bite Sized Strawberry Crumble
- 1 quart strawberries
- 1 ½ Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with foil liners.*
- Wash & slice strawberries. Place in medium sized bowl.
- Add cornstarch & vanilla. Gently mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, flaxseed, pecans, maple syrup, & coconut oil.
- Evenly distribute strawberries into muffin tin. Top with crumble mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until tops are golden brown.
*I used foil muffin liners because the juice may run through the paper liners. If you have ramekins, you could use those instead of muffin tin.
*Store leftover cups in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Makes 12 bite sized crumble cups
Leave a Reply